Thursday, August 4, 2011

I promise, I haven't been procrastinating

Much.

Some procrastinating? Sure. I'm still me. 

But I have actually been up to stuff! Let's see, at last check in, the kids had names. *sigh* That was a good day :) 

They still have names. They also have a fully formed plot, a title and half of a really in depth outline! And for a little while, they had some serious competition. In the midst of plotting out this first novel, I came up with the concept for a totally different novel. Why not? Novels are like cookies, one is great but two is better. Right? Yes? 

No. At least not simultaneously. 

It got to the point where I was feeling pretty schizophrenic about all of it, what with two books doing this for time and space in my head. 


Choices must be made. Things must get put into a 'someday' folder. But how? 

Hours of soul searching (i.e. looking at pictures on tumblr)? Research (more tumblr)? Flaily emails to friends? Sure, all of that. But in the end, it comes down to this. 


Every time I asked someone which one I should start with, a little place inside my heart hoped that the answer would be the first idea. That was how I knew that once I was done with all the pondering, the decision had really already made itself. 

So we're go live with 'title being kept under my hat for now'. Bring on the coffee, the late nights and the 'does she EVER talk about anything else' from my friends and family. 

Luckily, in addition to all the people in my life who are wonderful enough to let me bend their ear extensively, I have something new. I'm part of a new group blog, White Blank Page. I've got five other amazing writers who know right where I am (and how to talk me out of my own way). We're going to blog about writing our first novels, writing in general, reading in general, spazzing out in general (guess which one of us will be heading up spazz? Yeahhhhh, you know). So go check it out. Need more reasons? It's pretty!! 

So, while I was typing this blog? I was supposed to be working on my outline. Procrastination is alive and well, kids. I know you were worried ;) 

H&K, 
Becci 

3 comments:

  1. Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little procrastination!

    I saw your blog over at Ladies Who Critique and wanted to say hello.

    -Your newest follower. :-)
    http://pawsfangsandsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all right to do it sometimes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Megan Nothing wrong with it at all!! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete